Each training session is a comprehensive, content-rich, two-three day course designed to provide in-depth training to DBE/ACDBE and DBELO professionals, from beginner through intermediate experience levels. In these seminars you will learn not just what to do, but how to do it.
The primary goal of our training program is to bring current and future DBE professionals together in an environment that is both supportive and empowering. All topics are taught by subject-matter experts in the DBE and ACDBE contract compliance industry. The training program is structured, but attendees also have the opportunity to learn from each other through open discussion. We hope that the training program helps to build relationships and business networks among attendees.
Our topic areas include:
For Program Administrators
- DBE/ACDBE Program History, Purpose & Trends
- Duties and responsibilities of the DBE Liaison Officer (DBELO) and the Airport Concessions DBE Liaison Officer (ACDBELO)
- DBE and ACDBE Goal Accomplishment Reporting
- The Airport Concession Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (ACDBE) Program
- Review of Joint Venture Agreements for Concessions
- Counting DBE Participation and Commercially Useful Function (CUF)
- Compliance Monitoring & Reporting
- Goal Setting & Good Faith Efforts Reviews
- The Latest “Final Rule” (49 CFR Part 26, November 3, 2014)
For DBE/MWBE Firms
- What Does it Mean to Be a Certified DBE?
- How Do I Become Certified?
- What is Interstate Certification?
- After I Get Certified, What Next?
- Finding Opportunities
- Business Planning & Marketing Overview
- Support Resources